American Adult and Community Education Center
Adult and Career Technical Education programs at Miami-Dade County Public Schools are designed to strengthen practical skills and prepare you for the career of your choice. Whatever your goals, our certified instructors can help you to reach your full potential.
- Explore your career options leading to high-wage, high-growth jobs.
- Get started towards your personal goals with a personalized career plan.
- Build your skills in reading, writing, and math, applied to your interests.
- Prepare yourself with English as a second language, or to take the citizenship exam.
- Learn more about relevant digital, financial, health, civic, global, and work skills.
- Advance in one of the Adult Career Pathways to improve your earning power.
- Complete your GED (General Educational Development) or High School Diploma.
- Move ahead with one of our Career Technical Education certificate programs.
Whether you decide to learn technical skills or get a college education, our Adult Basic Education Program will provide you with the foundation needed to begin your new career.
- As Florida’s largest adult education system, we offer courses at 21 adult education campuses and numerous off-campus locations conveniently located throughout Miami-Dade County.
- Flexible daytime and evening class schedules are designed to meet the needs of working adults.
- Our basic skills programs help boost academic skills and provide the basic knowledge required to enter post-secondary education training.
- Our GED Test preparation and high school completion courses lead towards the credentials for academic and career advancement.
- Our post-secondary training is designed to support the local workforce, with pathways in the areas of Technical, Health/Medical, and Public Service.
Mental Health Information